GamePlay is an free, open-source, cross-platform, 2D + 3D game framework. It is aimed towards indie game developers who are creating desktop and mobile games.
- Written in C++
- Open-source Apache 2.0 license on github
- Documented using doxygen
- Workspaces for Visual Studio, XCode, QTCreator, Eclipse and CMake
- Development Guide
- Cross-platform new game project wizard scripts
- Binary encoding tool for creating optimized resource bundles for loading TTF fonts and loading 3D content from FBX assets.
- Full-featured OpenGL (desktop) and OpenGL ES (mobile) based rendering system.
- Shader-based material system with built-in shader library.
- Scene graph system with support for lights, cameras, audio, physics and drawables.
- Declarative scene, animation, particles and material bindings.
- Heightmap based terrains with multiple surface layers and LOD.
- Easy-to-use sprite, tileset and text rendering.
- Declarative UI system supporing 2D/3D themeable user interfaces.
- Built-in UI core controls and layouts.
- Fully extensible animation system with skeletal character animation.
- Complete 3D audio system with WAV and OGG support.
- AI agent, state machine and messaging.
- Full vector math library with 2D/3D math and visibility culling.
- Mouse, keyboard, touch, gestures and gamepad support.
- Lua script bindings and user binding generator tool.